Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lost Zombies Submission

I'm sorry for being lax on my posts, it's been a rough month to say the least.

This post brings us back about two weeks in some town in Bunkville Ohio for an off the top of the head zombie photo shoot. I'd pieced together the fact that I am obsessed with zombies, I live with an art student, and one of my good friends is a professional photographer. Lostzombies.com is currently in the process of assembling a scrapbook documenting the zombies apocalypse; I can't lose!

Special thanks to Pamela White, Ryan Nichols, and James Schultz for the help by the way.

Through a series of small disagreements and hideous makeup at my expense, we concocted a blend of diced tomatoes, Karo syrup, and cherry pie filling which was amazingly gory and vile to the touch. The shoot took place in an old barn which was perfect. The previous owner had owned a roadside fruit stand with floral arrangements. Gas can, large spear like contraptions, random shit strewn about; we couldn't have planned it better.

"Alright, put this plastic bag over your head so we can throw pie filling at you"



Now that I looked like a zombie, it was time to get down and dirty. James is the resident crazy guy who I'm surprised finished the night with his pants on, so he was the obvious choice to get covered with yuck and be the helpless victim. We put a battered copy of the Zombie Survival Guide in one hand, a crowbar in the other, and went to work.

There's James



We poured the congealed shit salad that imitated guts on top of his ripped shirt and I hovered above him as though I was devouring his flesh. Aside from a LOT of outtakes where we look like homosexual undead enthusiasts, we managed to get a great shot which we used for the submission. Despite the fact that by the end I was stuck to him, and it was balls cold, an all out good night. Preparation video to come as well. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. My Top 5 Infectious Monsters...

    5. Aswang
    4. Zombie
    3. Werewolf
    2. Vampire
    1. ?????

    http://topfiveawesome.blogspot.com/2011/04/top-5-monsters-that-can-turn-you-one-of.html

    ReplyDelete